- Voted YES on reauthorizing the Violence Against Women Act.
- Endorsed as "preferred" by The Feminist Majority indicating pro-women's rights.
- Enforce against wage discrimination based on gender.
But conservative has-been William Kristol resurrected an ages-old piece Sanders wrote intended to attack gender stereotypes of the 1970s which has been blown completely out of perspective since he announced his running. His "campaign spokesman Michael Briggs said it was a 'dumb attempt at dark satire in an alternative publication' that 'in no way reflects his views or record on women.'" Salon goes on to say:
- In 2003, Sanders was among 32 co-sponsors of the Prison Rape Elimination Act, a measure to “establish a zero-tolerance standard” for sexual violence in prison.
- In 2011, Sanders co-sponsored a measure to address the rape kit backlog.
- In 2012, Sanders co-sponsored the renewal of the Violence Against Women Act.
- In 2013, he called on the Dept. of Veterans Affairs to step up efforts to provide care and benefits for veterans who experienced sexual assault in the military.
- In 2014, Sanders voted for New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand’s proposal to move the system of reporting and prosecuting rape in the military outside the chain of command.
Bernie Sanders clearly respects women's rights and deserves the female vote.