PHX C.A.R.E.S. sends trained outreach teams, who take the time to build rapport and trust with people on the street, to encourage them to accept the services and resources that are offered to help end their homelessness.
I wonder if they helped our homeless friend? But, Phoenix has established a Strategies to Address Homelessness Task Force that has found 3,096 on the street in the city, 5,029 in Arizona's largest county, Maricopa, They found them, now what are they doing? Here are a few of the efforts...
- $10 million to purchase a hotel to house homeless military veterans
- Summer heat relief at the Phoenix Convention Center
- Refurbished public housing increasing access to affordable energy-efficient apartments
- $20 million annually for city services related to homelessness, including services providing shelter for 5,430 individuals and families
- Partnerships with community organizations including UMOM, CPLC, Native American Connections, Justa Center, St. Vincent de Paul and others.
There's more you can see here. This is what they are doing in Phoenix and Maricopa County, Arizona. Later Nasty Jack Buzz will explore what is being done about homelessness nationwide. READ MORE...