I don’t know who is perpetrating these death threats against David Keene, the Pres. Of the National Rifle Assn. (NRA), but I wouldn’t doubt at all that it includes some typical NRA gun nuts trying to make the gun control advocates look bad. I say this because wacky Wayne LaPierre and his gang of gun huggers are bigger liars than Karl Rove was in the George W. Bush administration. With the NRA, as was regularly with Karl Rove, they would lie when the truth is better. For years LaPierre has led the American public down a path of deceit over gun rights.
|Daffy David Keene|
And daffy David Keene is no different. Maybe the threats against his children will make him think about the completely irresponsible ads the NRA is running using Pres. Obama’s children. This fruitcake went so far as to even deny the ad was about Obama’s children when it is clear that is the focus of the message. I would provide a link but take my word, it is complete garbage. Is it any wonder that bottom-feeders like Keene and LaPierre are taking flak for being responsible for mass killings like Sandy Hook Elementary School, the Aurora Theatre and others because of their support of loose gun laws?
And they are completely oblivious to a gun culture that places protecting their precious guns over human life. Like 20 innocent children in Newtown, CT. Or, are they both out-dumbing all of us. LaPierre is obviously in it for the money and power; his (salary $970,300) and gun manufacturer’s increased profits, plus he is idolized by the gun worshippers. Keene is just another conservative political hack trying to add more fire power to his resume. Their obvious attention to weapons manufacturer’s bottom lines by promoting guns in everyone’s hands to carry anywhere is disgusting and obscene.
NRA "reprehensible" ad using Obama's children:
And neither of these radicals represents the 4.2 million membership of the NRA. I did a post in July of 2012 with the following facts:
- 74 percent believe permits should only be granted to applicants who have completed gun safety training.
- 68 percent believe permits should only be granted to applicants who do not have prior arrests for domestic violence.
- 63 percent believe permits should only be granted to applicants 21 years of age or older.
- 74 percent support requiring criminal background checks of anyone purchasing a gun.
- 79 percent support requiring gun retailers to perform background checks on all employees – a measure recently endorsed by the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the trade association for the firearms industry.
- NRA members strongly support allowing states to set basic eligibility requirements for people who want to carry concealed, loaded guns in public places. By contrast, the NRA leadership’s top federal legislative priority – national reciprocity for concealed carry permits – would effectively eliminate these requirements by forcing every state to allow non-residents to carry concealed guns even if they would not qualify for a local permit.
Both LaPierre and Keene continue to push for absolute 2nd Amendment rights in a situation that has been screaming for negotiations on the gun control issue for years. They know that once the damn is broken—and that is now beginning to happen—they will have lost their clout with the gun manufacturers meaning millions in donations every year. (Since 2005, according to the Violence Policy Center, gun manufacturers contributed around $39 million to the NRA) LaPierre loses his cushy job and Keene loses his position of political play-maker. And 4.2 million NRA members are left out in the cold.